Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Monday, January 28, 2008

What happened to Mansfield?



Needless to say, if you've seen my three previous posts, Mansfield Park was a complete disappointment. There was so much left out of the movie. It jumped around, lost all humor as well as passion, and I didn't really care for the characters. Overall, it was lackluster.

My husband asked what I thought about it and I told him that it didn't even seem like a Jane Austen adaptation. I couldn't tell the difference between Aunt Norris and Lady Bertram. Fanny never went back to Portsmouth. Julia and Maria definitely weren't built up to be the silly, foolish sisters that they were. And overall, it was all so rushed.

This clip is from the last bit of the movie. Edmund's realization that it's really Fanny he loves happens all to quickly. And I think the most disappointing thing about the whole movie is that Fanny seems to be this secondary character with little to say and no depth, except occasionally running around the house and the lawn. It's a sad, sad adaptation.

No comments: