Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I've been persuaded


Monday morning I after watching Persuasion the night before, I decided to reread it. Then I thought, 'Wouldn't it be fun to read each novel as it's aired?' So, that's what I'm doing. Or at least that's what I'm going to try to do. This week I'm reading Persuasion and next week it'll be Northanger Abbey. So far I've read to chapter 10 out of 24 chapters. That means I've only got 14 chapters to finish by Sunday evening! I think I can do it.

I've only been reading during my 10-minute breaks at work and my 30-minute lunch break, which means I've read 10 chapters in 2 hours since Monday. I'd say that's pretty good. I mean, I do have all of Saturday and Monday I have off due to MLK, Jr. Day. (Although I was planning on using that day to put a big dent in my CK Hall of Fame 2008 submission.) Either way I think it can be done. It might be hard to reread a novel in a week when I get to Mansfield Park and Pride and Prejudice, but I'll still try. In February I'll have more time since I'll only be working 16 hours a week instead of 40. I'm so looking forward to that!

No comments: