Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another story...

One of my students' parents sent this to the teachers and I just I'd share it because it was so cute.

After I broke, inadvertently, my promise to watch "Veggie Tale" (the one that has an angel on the cover) with Taylor (my 5 year old son), Taylor eventually threw a temper tantrum. I didn't know why, and punished him for smashing 4 pairs of slippers on the floor. He got a 5 minute-or-so timeout. Later after he stopped sobbing, he told me that he was mad due to my broken promise. I realized that I was in the wrong, and said sorry. We prayed together, forgave each other, and were able to become "co-pilots" again.


Then we prayed one more prayer for an uncle who yesterday went to a mission trip.

Taylor started to show me the green toy soldier he got from Julia's birthday (as one of the goodie bag items).

Taylor said:

"I want to be a soldier, or a hunter, to hunt people who don't know Jesus. To hunt them; but not kill them; I want to tell them about Jesus."


"Like Uncle DJ?" I asked.

"Yes, like Uncle DJ. Kind of dangerous, I know, but I'm not going to be scared. God will be on my side."

"As a hunter, what will you tell the people about Jesus? That Jesus loves them?" I asked.

"Yes, Jesus loves them, and Jesus will watch over them. You know, like the EvangeCube at school. It tells stories about Jesus, like Jesus died on the cross."

No comments: