Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Monday, January 07, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven Monday

This week's Crystal at Biblical Womanhood is starting up "Making Your Home a Haven" with a new challenge.

Refresh your Spirit...

For me, today was a getting back into the work routine day. My two weeks of winter break are over and I was back at school teaching. It was a pretty good back-to-school day considering the kids have been out of it for two weeks and we had a new student.

It was a good day. A big day. After a few months of thinking and praying about this Joe and I decided its a good time for me to cut back my working hours to part-time. Talking with my director was a little nerve wracking to think about. We've had an up-and-down relationship since I've been working at the school. I was definitely walking in fear of man.

So, this morning in my quiet time I brought that before the Lord. And Sunday, one of my good friends prayed over me about the decision. Another one of my friends works with me in the same classroom, so she'd told me earlier she'll be praying when I go in to talk with my director. To keep this short, I went in and talked with her and it all went smoothly. She was compassionate, gracious, and willing to work with me if it works with the school. It just showed me God's covering and faithfulness.

When I was leaving the gym this afternoon, I turned and saw a most beautiful sight. The clouds were covering the sky. They were magnificent. Purple, white, and blue...The clouds were all different sizes with some even looking like shooting stars. It was beautiful and reminded me of how great and faithful our God is.

No comments: