Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Friday, January 11, 2008

Books, Books, & Books!

First, it was the discovery of GoodReads and The Book Challenge, then PBS inspired me to reread Jane Austen but it seems like everyone's on the New Year reading kick. It's definitely fun. Young Ladies Christian Fellowship, one of my favorite blogs, has recently launched their literary retreat, Heart Thoughts, and a new reading challenge!

Here is the challenge Natalie issued:

The Challenge:
Choose ten books which will stretch you, preferably from either Hugh Hewitt's list or something similar.

So...I've been thinking about my own challenge. I like how Natalie set her books in categories, so I'm thinking...we'll see what happens. I do have some ideas. I'd like to read a few biographies this year. So far I have at least 2 biographies on my shelf. And since, PBS is launching almost four months of Jane Austen I might be rereading some of those and hopefully finishing Sandition.

I also want to read some Jonathan Edwards...

No comments: