Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Unexplained Delayed Flights : (

My husband, father-in-law, and I are headed off tomorrow to Indianapolis to a friend's wedding. I booked us the perfect flight, we were going to leave early in the morning and arrive mid-afternoon with enough time to take a break at the hotel before heading out to the rehearsal dinner.

Except...except for at dinner I got a 1-800 number on my cellphone, which I didn't answer because it was dinner time. Then the 1-800 number left me a voice mail. So, then I listened. Our wonderful flight got canceled! And we are now rebooked on a flight that doesn't leave until almost 1pm! Which means we won't get there until 10pm--after the rehearsal dinner and hang out time! Oh, so sad.

I was bummed. Still am, but at least we won't have to wake up at 4am and I still don't have to work. That's the silver lining people. My husband lovingly reminded me that God's in control, which I wanted to respond with a "Grr..." But, yes, of course, God's in the small stuff too.

(I'm adjusting...)

No comments: