Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I think it's funny...

...that I'm really not reading any of the books in my Current Reading (see sidebar). Those are definitely books I've started, but haven't quite finished. Don't get me wrong I want to finish them. It's just that I find there are other books I want to read that seem more interesting at the moment.

What am I really reading?

Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Mrs. Piper is getting picked up about once a week these days. It's a shorter book and should be classified as a "quick read," but I just haven't committed the time.

Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free by speaker/radio host of Revive Our Hearts Ms. Nancy Leigh DeMoss. (Truthfully, whenever I hear her name I can only think of it as my husband imitates it as a high-pitched Midwestern woman.) I'm reading this with my accountability group. We're reading a chapter a week. It's good. I'd definitely recommend it. I'm also excited about her new book with Dannah Gresh Lies Young Women Believe.

Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan & Sarah Edwards by Elisabeth D. Dodds is my latest read. I started this on our trip to South Carolina a few weeks ago and by the time we got home only had two chapters left. We've been home a week now and I have about 1 1/2 chapters left. Almost there! It's really good and interesting. I'm finding that I'm enjoying biographies more and more these days.

That's it really. I'm about halfway through Lipstick Jihad, but I haven't picked it up in months. Next weekend, we're heading out to Indiana for a friends wedding and it's my plan to bring it on the plane. We'll see how that pans out. *wink*wink*







No comments: