Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Friday, February 08, 2008

Frugal Fridays


I love cooking, but I usually avoid using spices that aren't already in my pantry. Curry, dry mustard, and, you know, other stuff like that I don't have. When spices range from $3.99 to $5.99 (and higher) it's just too expensive, especially when a recipe will only call for a teaspoon.

But at Henry's on Wednesday, I decided to go ahead and get a few spices that I usually avoid. To my surprise they had the normal shelves of spices, but also a few shelves of spices in large containers. I had never seen this before! There was a scale and little spoons in each jar and little bags. It was so much fun!

Excuse my excitement, but instead of buying a whole bottle of a spice I can measure out the amount I need and go. So instead of $4-something for the curry I bought it only cost me $ . 12. So, that's my Frugal Friday tip for the week. See if your grocery store (or a whole foods type store) does a similar thing and save!

No comments: