Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Not only is it fall...


but now it's October too! But don't tell the weather here that. We've only been in the high 80's/low 90's for the last few days. Today the forecast says high of 92 and that it's already 85 degrees outside! So much for a nice, crisp fall breeze. Last night we took our nightly walk to the beach to cool off. It was refreshing to get away from this little bit of suburbia. (We took some fun pictures too! I'll post them later.) Even as we got off the freeway coming home and rolled down the windows you could already feel the heat from the road and other cars. No wide open spaces to cool everything off.

Oh, and can you believe only a month and 10 days until this little boy should be knocking on the door! It's going by so quickly! He's definitely getting big and bigger. (By the way, the little baby gaga tracker isn't the most scientific, so if it says "I'm over 5lbs. and yada yada yada" don't take it to the bank. It was just the cutest of the trackers out there. Click here for something a bit more realistic.)

We've been meaning to take weekly belly pictures these last few weeks, but we haven't quite got around to it yet. We did take some at the beach and let me tell you I'm surprised at how big my belly looks! We don't have a full-length mirror anymore (it broke), so I only ever see myself from the shoulders up. But little Joe has definitely been doing his share of moving and grooving these last few days. I'm pretty sure since our prenatal appointment last Thursday he's switched sides. Hopefully with his head still down.

Life here has been going good. I know I haven't really posted much the last month. (What maybe four times? Maybe.) I'm working on that...as always. My husband was home sick the last two days which took the computer away from me, but also pushed me into some much needed sewing. It's been fun. I've got a lot done. I can't show you much though, since they are mostly Christmas presents. I do have a lovely fall table runner that I made.

Pictures to come...I've got to go get ready for MOPS now!

No comments: