Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Can you believe it? 4 weeks to go!

We're at 36 weeks already! The first half of my pregnancy seemed to go by so slowly, but since July it's like, "Where has the time gone?" Summer's over. We moved. I quit work. It's September. Still hot. It's October. Occasionally hot with cooling temperatures.

I mean, we're half way through October already! What's up with this? November 10th will be here in no time at all. Our prenatal appointments have moved from every two weeks to every week now (on Thursday's). Did my final blood work last week. I still have the bruises to prove it. (They're not bad at it. I just have incredibly deep veins that you can't really see, so I usually get poked two or three times before anyone can get a steady stream of blood. It's like this every time I've had by blood drawn.)

I asked the midwife, yet again, if she could get a more exact confirmation on my due date for my parents. Since they're planning a trip this way they actually want to be able to see the baby--not too early, not too late. So she performed the exam and since my cervix is already softened, she figures I won't go much past the November 10th due date. Considering that most first time mom's usually go past their due date, I'm taking this as good news.

The only thing about that is the closest full moon is November 13th and with the full moons in August and September we busy days in the birth center--5 births with each full moon! So later we were joking that she, our midwife Jude, has another busy moon ahead of her. Joe's predicting that the little one comes the weekend before. We'll see.

Other than that preparations are going well and close to being completed. On Saturday we put the car seat and stroller in the car. (Although, I forgot to take a picture of the car seat in the car, but it's there.) Here are pictures of our "travel system." We got it for free from a friend who was given two strollers. I like it. It has lots of pockets, zippers, and cupholders!






No comments: