Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

8 months



Sunday at church I was sitting next to an older couple I'd never met before. To tell you the truth I was a little nervous, well...not so much nervous as 'I wonder what they're thinking about me.' I'm very obviously pregnant, no rings (they were on my necklace though), and no husband (Joe was home sick). I doubt they thought ill of me, but those things cross your mind.

During the welcome part of the service the wife turned to introduce herself to me. Her name is Heather and her husband is Herb. Then you reached on the inside of her jacket and pulled out this little pin. Then I noticed she was also wearing this pin on her lapel. She asked me how far along I was. 35 weeks.

Then she said, "Always remember that your baby, is it a boy or a girl? (Boy.) What's his name going to be? (Joseph.) That's a good name. Your baby's feet were this big at 10 weeks and by 15 days he already had a heartbeat. And by 15 weeks he had all the parts he needed to live, they just had to grow. Remember that."

A little bit later she turned to me and said that her and her husband do pro-life work. Then during worship, she leaned over to me and admonished me to pray for my son that he would be like the Joseph of the Old Testament and Jesus' stepfather. That he would be a wise and faithful man.

It was a moment.

No comments: