Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Notes from My Bible


Sometimes when I'm flipping through my Bible, I come across a passage with a little note that catches my eye. I always enjoy reading these forgotten notes and am often surprised by their insightful timeliness. I thought I'd begin sharing them here.

*******************************

"You were bought with a price, you are my daughter."
(That's like your undeniable worth!)

Having been bought--paid for--solidifies that we have value. Compared to Christ our value is nothing, but God looked out and saw what He could do in and through us and that gave us worth in His eyes--His plan gives us value.

Not only that, but the payment for us gave to us an intrinsical value.

No comments: