Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Friday, June 20, 2008

Baby Mueller: Boy or Girl?

It's a boy!


We had our 19 week ultrasound appointment yesterday, and, yes, we are now expecting a baby boy! Joe and I are definitely excited to see our little guy and to give this baby a name. Joseph Allen Mueller, Jr.

We're not quite sure what we'll call him though...Joe, Joey, J.J., lil Joe (see here), or Junior (that's what Joe's rooting for). But I'm sure it'll come.

It was a great ultrasound though. He was laying on his side facing us and we could see his little heartbeat and breathing with his lungs (not really breathing, but performing the function). His cute little arms were moving all about and he sucked his thumb and flipped over. He was an active little baby.

He no longer has an alien head, but we sure did see a lot of his skeleton in the pictures. It was kind of funny to see his head turn and look at you and you see more of a skull than a head. But he has a cute little nose and definitely has boy parts.

Momma and baby are feeling good and growing great. Stella, our ultrasound technician, says he weighs about 1 lb. and his head was measuring 19 weeks 3(-5) days. My protein and glucose levels have been normal and I've only gained 4 lbs. since our last appointment (making a total of 7-8 lbs.). The midwife, Jude, I saw yesterday said from now on I should be gaining about a 1 lb. a week. And between 5 to 7 months lil Joe will start getting some meat on his little bones.

It was an exciting time. Here are the rest of the pictures:





1 comment:

Sarah said...

I haven't visited in a while. We "met" during the blog party a few months ago. I just wanted to let you know I am so happy for you and this new life you are nurturing. My God indeed redeem the year of the locust!