Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today from Acts...

"But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death,
since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power."
Acts 2:24

As I finished reading chapter 2 today, this verse stuck out to me. It reminds me of a sermon I heard once by John Piper (at least I'm pretty sure it was Piper) where he said the best two words (or phrase) in the Bible are "but God."

  • "But God remembered Noah..." Genesis 8:1
  • "Now, therefore, it was not you who sent me here, but God..." Genesis 45:8
  • "...but God will be with you..." Genesis 48:21
  • "...but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive." Genesis 50:20
  • "...but God will surely take care of you." Genesis 50:24
  • "And Saul sought him every day, but God did not deliver him into his hand." 1 Samuel 23:13
  • "But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, for He will receive me." Psalm 49:15
  • "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26
  • "But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another." Psalm 75:7
  • "And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God." Luke 16:15
  • "But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power." Acts 2:24
  • "But God raised Him from the dead..." Acts 13:30
  • "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
  • "...but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong..." 1 Corinthians 1:27
  • "But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us..." Ephesians 2:4

No comments: