Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

So, I finally finished one of the books on my reading list. Yeah! One down, five to go. Let's just say I have a bad habit of trying to read too many books at once. This last book was Discipline: The Glad Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot.

It was really good and I especially liked the chapters on specific types of discipline (ie, discipline of time or discipline of feelings). I definitely underlined a lot. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some good quotes up soon. But for now I'll just leave this,

When discipline becomes a glad surrender, "Every day we experience something of the death of Jesus, so that we may also know the power of the life of Jesus in those bodies of ours."

No comments: