Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here's the "Good quotes and stuff..."

At church our pastor has been preaching from Romans and lately we've been in Romans 13, which talks about authority and submission. So, here's some "good stuff" from the sermon on Sunday...

  • "God has built submission into every area of our life such that it exposes the pride, independence, self-reliance, and stubbornness in our heart."
  • "The measure of my submission to people in authority over me is the measure of my submission to God."
  • "Show me a person who is submissive to people in authority over them, and that person is pliable and soft-hearted. Show me a person who is not submissive to people in authority over them, and that person fights God." (I think I kind of messed up the wording on this one, but it's the same point/idea still.)
  • God has higher purposes in mind than our comfort or safety, namely His glory.

No comments: