Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Last Visit


Last Tuesday was our final visit at Best Start Birth Center. After coming for so long, seeing all the familiar, friendly faces, and having such a momentous event happen there leaving, knowing we're not coming back, was just weird.

We went back for my sixth week postpartum visit and Joey got his hearing test done as well (he can hear, which we figured). It was good to go back and see Jude. She wasn't there for the birth, but she was the midwife I saw the most throughout my pregnancy (all but 4 or 5 times). And it was fun to have her meet Joey. I mean she poked and prodded him plenty of times. I definitely enjoyed my experience at Best Start.

We find out some interesting stats about Best Start while we were visiting. There was a nursing class having a tour and we found out that Best Start is the only free-standing birth center in San Diego and the first (or one of the first) in California, as well as the center is 25 years old.

No comments: