Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week was my first week back in the kitchen after having Joey, and it went pretty well. This means it's back to the menu planning in hopes of quicker, smoother afternoons in the kitchen and a grocery list made before I get in the car.

I've been trying to find recipes that are quick, simple, and healthy with as much whole foods (sans processed, boxed, or canned). I find this cheaper, healthier, and all around better. This week I got most of my recipes from Lindsey at Passionate Homemaking.

M - Spiced Avocado Sandwiches on Rye with home fries
Tu - Lentil & Rice Casserole with veggies
Wed - Garden Chowder with dinner rolls
Th - Sloppy Lentils with home fries & veggies
Fri - Red beans & rice
Sat -Spaghetti or Leftovers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks really great! There aren't many vegetarian menus posted on MPM, so it's great to see yours. I find it particularly inspiring because most of the meals you have planned sound delicious and also simple.

Jessica said...

Thanks. I'm always looking for more recipes that are simple and meatless (for the cheapness factor and health).