Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yesterday, my frustrations overwhelmed me once again...and I wrote, all I have to do is give them to You! But how hard that is at times. Lord, put Your hope in me...
Yesterday, I felt trapped. I realized that everything that had me so frustrated I couldn't get out of, and You were saying that was okay...all these things surrounding me were okay...And I looked up and saw someone who has everything and more that was taken from me and I said, "Why does she get everything?"
And You said what you said to Peter so long ago, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"
Ay...words that are hard to hear, but so necessary. And so, I continue to realize that this is all part of the crucified life. When those men of old wrote about putting to death the flesh...this is what they meant. Galations 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."


Oh, the Wondrous Cross
Bids me come and die,
And find that I may truly live.

No comments: