Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This word called hope...

Oh, Lord...my God...you have ordained my days...their unfoldings are in the palm of Your hand...I can see you there...almost smiling at me as I struggle with my uncertainty and battle for hope...You smile, because you know...You know the plans you hold...you know the outcome...You know the worthlessness of my worry as I sit and wonder the time for which these things will come to pass...or even if they will...Lord...you know...my heart...it still longs to know...but down there somewhere is a confident knowledge that you are in control...that your plan holds together in all goodness for me...and those so deeply involved...oh, my emotions are torn...my mind always wandering to this sacred place...this sought after desire...it's almost here...oh! but to hope and wait...aye...such a pain at times...I can feel the burden on my chest...and so, I know...I am to hope in You, seek You...and to wait silently for You to speak...oh, Lord...how I desire this obedience right now! Put it in my heart, my Lord...my God....

Lamentations 3:21-28
21This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. 23They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." 25The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. 26It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD. 27It is good for a man that he should bear the yoke in his youth. 28Let him sit alone and be silent since He has laid it on him.
~~**~~
Romans 5:2b-5
and we exult in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;
5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


~~**~~

- a friend of a friend of an acquaintance wrote her feelings going through her own experience of this...yes, it lifted my hopes -
"Love, hope, and uncertainty -
To love is to allow hope into your life.To hope is to allow uncertainty into your life.To be uncertain is the essence of learning to trust God to bring only the disappointments He deems best."

No comments: