Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby News - Week 28


It's official. We have entered the third trimester! It's crazy to think that this little boy is going to be here in less than 13 weeks (give or take a few days)! We're so ready to hold him and see his little face and what color hair he's going to have...You see, both Joe and I have brown hair, but there's red hair on both sides of the family, a little black/brown from the Indian side, and Joe and his brothers were all toe-head blond as babies and toddlers. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last Thursday, we had our prenatal visit and I had my test for gestational diabetes. I was a little concerned as to what the results would be, because I have 3 out of 4 risk factors for gestational diabetes (two of which I have no control over: being Indian and having a close relative who had gestational diabetes, the third was a BMI that is too high). I got the results back on Monday and the good news is that my glucose is normal. The bad news? I'm slightly anemic.

This wasn't a complete surprise to us, since I've been having some trouble breathing on occasion (usually in the evenings and at night) and I've had a few instances of sudden fatigue and dizziness. I talked with the midwife and she suggested, besides making sure I'm getting plenty of iron rich foods, to take an iron food supplement. I'm sure it will be quite tasty, but it's better that than not having enough oxygen in my red blood cells.


Other than being anemic, everything's fine. We heard little Joe's heartbeat as usual. He was very active on Thursday and both times the midwife pushed the doppler on my belly he kicked it right back. It was funny. Our next appointment is August 28th, we're far enough along now that we have our appointments every two weeks, and as we get closer to the due date it'll be every week.

The big baby news for this week? We start our birth classes on Friday. We decided to go with The Bradley Method. It seemed the most reasonable and practical, so many classes we found involve hypnosis and/or other new age spiritualism. We'll let you know how it goes!




(Oh, and I'm working on the moving-in posts. I just don't want to bombard you with too many posts in one day. Stay tuned!)

No comments: