Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tonight at youth...

One of our high school girls dog died as she was coming to youth. The family (mom, 3 daughters, and her nephew) was getting in the car when the dog ran outside and was hit by a car, so they saw him die.

During worship while we were singing our youth pastor prompted us to finish the following sentence: "God I'm glad you're..." And as we were saying what we were glad God was/is she began to cry, but wasn't really letting herself cry.

I leaned over and asked if I could tell her a joke, she looked at me like "No way!" I assured her it was about God and tears. Then I asked her "How is God going to count all your tears and bottle them up, if she didn't cry?" She looked at me and said, "Really? He does that? [Pause] Why does he want to bottle them up?"

I don't know, maybe he saves them up until justice has been given...I don't know. He's God he can do what He wants.

And then she cried.



You have taken account of my wanderings;
Put my tears in Your bottle are they not in Your book?
Psalm 56:8

No comments: