Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

One of my favorite podcasts is Revive our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. (It's actually a radio show, but you can subscribe to it online.) The last two days they've mentioned a few of their past series they've done on the show and the response they received from listeners. I've only been listening to Revive our Hearts for 9 months so almost all of the ones mentioned I haven't heard. But what is great about Revive our Hearts is that they archive all their programs with a transcript and the audio, so now I can catch up!

One thing that peaked my interest was the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge. It's a challenge for wives (although I'm sure it'd benefit those with significant others or even apply to another type of relationship all together) over the next thirty days
  • To not say anything negative about your husband to your husband or to anyone else.
  • To say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband to your husband and to someone else about your husband!

I'm newly married (tomorrow will be just two months!) and although we haven't had any hardships or difficult times in our marriage thus far I want to make sure that I'm not neglectful (ie, disrespecting) in the attitude I have toward my husband and our marriage. I want him to know that he is my priority and that I not only treat him as such, but let him and others know with the words I say. I also figure that when those hard times do come and I'm tempted to be more of a nag or complain about him to others I will already have been practicing the opposite.

So, for all you married ladies (or engaged or whatever your status) take this challenge with me to speak NOTHING negative about our husbands for 30 days! No complaining about how he leaves drawers and cabinets open or leaves wet towels on the floor or how he's late or whatever...only ENCOURAGING words. And don't forget to tell someone else. Praise your husband!

And if you do take up this challenge leave a comment let me know! I'd love to share with you my experience in this too...maybe we can even encourage each other to be better wives and women of God in this process!

If you need help getting started here's a great resource from Revive our Hearts:

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/30DayChallenge.pdf

No comments: