Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Monday, January 02, 2006

An intimate reflection

Sadly, the eyes are closing
the feeling of something lost has come
The mask is discarded,
the beauty remains.
Purity in the marred?
Hope in the muddy defeat?
'O, save me now!' she cries.

Her pain echoes throughout her presence
radiating off walls and trees, I can feel it in my chest;
'Someone, please' is all her eyes can say,
and she smiles
knowing...
knowing that she is lost and craves
what she says she hates and doesn't need

Oh, my child, how I cry for you
knowing that your soul is so precious
knowing that your smile is pained
knowing that you, too scared to cry out,
are looking for the hands to save you
Remove the dark circles 'round your eyes
You're beautiful, let someone see you

You are the blooming one;
your name designates it so
One day, I pray, you will let go of what entangles you
to open your arms
And I pray that when your rescuer comes
you will only let him in
Open you petals and delight to live.

No comments: