Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Sunday, December 16, 2007

So...we're back!

We're back!

You know that verse that says,

How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the messenger
who brings good news,

the good news of peace and salvation,

the news that the God of Israel reigns!
(Isaiah 52:7)


Well...these beautiful feet are back.
Tired, but recovering.

Thankful, still in awe.

We've been home for a week now and to sum it up for me its been a sleepy week. We got back Sunday afternoon and tried to stay up until a normal bedtime hour, but we were gone by 7pm. Which means on Monday we woke up about 3:45am! Quite early. We settled in. Unpacked and washed laundry. But by 11:30am I was so wiped out that picking out clothes to wear was such a challenge I just went back to bed--and slept until 4:30pm! We settled in for the night at a normal bedtime to be ready for work the next day. Most of the week was pretty much the same. Go to work, be sleepy after 4pm, go to bed early, wake up early.

I had hoped to already have posted and sent out a few e-mails about our trip, but obviously that didn't happen. It was a busy week coming back for me. At work we had our children's Christmas celebration to rehearse and perform Saturday morning, and then I had a girls overnighter Saturday night (I was the first to go to bed! Though I did wake up at 4:30am too!). Needless to say we're still getting back into the swing of things.

My goal is that this week I'll start sharing what happened day-by-day on the trip, post pictures, and share some of what God revealed of Himself (maybe I'll even have Joe write something!). So, take this as the first installment. :)

I'll leave you with this...

I have seen the blind see,
the crippled walk,
the demonized freed,
and the lost redeemed.







No comments: