Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Today...

Today I started cutting out a dress for the wedding rehearsal. I'm not quite sure it was such a smart idea. I doubt I'll get it finished in time. It's a pretty simple dress pattern (Butterick 4443).








I'm making the yellow dress, but my fabric is white with a green flower print. I thought it would be appropriate for a wedding rehearsal for a wedding on St. Patrick's Day to have a white and green dress. I actually got the fabric long before we were engaged, perhaps even around last Easter when I was thinking I'd make my Easter dress (I ended up buying one from Old Navy). I originally wanted to make this dress (New Look 6587, the yellow one):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I decided not to make it, because I thought it would be a little more difficult on a few levels for me (or maybe just stressing). First of all, my sewing machine may very well be considered an antique (from the 60's) and I'd have to do a basting stitch and my tension falls everytime I try. And then, the last time I did something with button holes my button hole attachment was not functioning properly. It was pretty annoying. So, I figured I'd just go with the simple, easy pattern for this. Although I do think that it would have looked really cute with the fabric.



Today was also a day of realizations...that is realizing I forgot some important things. Like my brother's birthday today, my friend's birthday party last night, not to much rent that was due Thursday along with some other bills. I don't know...maybe it's just wedding brain. If I can even blame it on that. I mean I am getting married in 2 weeks!

2 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party!!! Nice meeting ya.

My second party favor give-away has begun. When ya get a chance come on over and let's party!!!

April said...

Now that will be CUTE! I just started today to think about what to pack.........there are so many things to pack for! :-)