Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Post-Wedding Update

This update might take a few days, but we're back from our honeymoon. For the last few days we've been getting readjusted to being back at home and no longer honeymooning, getting back work and church (I haven't yet, but Joe has) and Joe to his new job (yeah!). We got back late Saturday night, so Sunday we slept in, opened wedding presents, and visited with friends.

Monday we started putting away all our wedding gifts--it's taking some rearranging and going through stuff. Good thing there's a rummage sale this weekend at our church. (There's still piles to go through in quite a few corners of the apartment, and apparently there are wedding things to go through at the church still. I'll be busy this weekend.) We ran errands, Joe got new shoes, we returned a few things to Target, and even made it to Costco and got a new bed! The first night back we tried sleeping on the double I had been borrowing from my new sister-in-law and the second night we sleep on the fold-out couch with some two pieces of overlapping foam (April, why didn't you tell it was that bad?). So, we got a mattress and a boxspring for $589! My sleep is finally becoming sweet again.

Since Monday we've just been working and readjusting to life (and married life). Tomorrow I'll post some of the wedding pictures I have, but for now here's the link to the photo gallery:

www.benjaminfondrk.com

Click online gallery, then weddings, then Joe & Jess, and the password is our wedding date (hint: we got married on St. Patrick's day)

Also, this weekend I just might post some quotes from a few of the books I've been reading that struck me as quite good...just maybe, if I have time. ;)

See you soon!

Mrs. Joe Mueller

(ah, how fun it is to write that!)

1 comment:

April said...

Hey married lady...

The bed really wasn't that bad, honest. I have slept on much, much worse. Plus, when I was by myself, it didn't matter that it rolled to the middle (of course, when I shared it with Anna, it was little more interesting...).

Seriously, it *was not* that bad! So don't feel bad about it!