Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Monday, December 12, 2005

There was a once a fleeting thought, of perhaps more than a miracle, more than a change...more than something great.

Just once perhaps, she thought, I could witness such a wonder. What would that be like? Would it be beyond my wildest dreams, or she sadly contemplated, might it be less than I'd expect?

But just perhaps, it would be greater than anything I have ever dreamed...anything I have ever see. I'd rather believe the perhaps instead of the maybe. Perhaps leaves room for hope to breathe. I'd not want to the culprit to suffocate the breath of hope.

Life is much better without bearing the burden of fallen hope.

No comments: