Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Friday, September 21, 2007

Frugal Fridays

So...I thought about this recently and I figure it follows the "frugal rules."

I shop for my clothes mostly at thrift stores, clearance racks, and discount stores like TJ Maxx or Ross. I've grown up shopping this way--enjoy it and couldn't think of paying full price (most of the time)!

But another thing I do to save money is to separate my fall/winter clothes from my spring/summer clothes by boxing up the out of season clothes and storing them for the next few months. When the weather begins to get warm I put away my heavier skirts, sweaters (except for a few light cardigans I wear throughout the year), work blouses, and even shoes. Then, when the weather turns cooler I switch to my fall/winter clothes. Of course, there are certain clothing items that remain in my closet throughout the year like plain t-shirts, jeans, denim skirts, the staple black skirt, denim jacket, and etc.

I do this for three reasons:

1) It helps me to preserve my clothes so that they stay in good condition and last longer.
2) It makes me evaluate the clothes that I have and what I wear most often when it's time for to put the box back on the shelf.
3) When I pull that old Ikea box off the top shelf when the seasons change it makes me feel like I have new clothes...which means less shopping!

So...check out your closet and have fun!

No comments: