Psalm 45:10-11, 13-15

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. [...] The bride, a princess, waits within her chambers, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful, enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!



Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Have you heard about the pope's been up to lately?

Read these:

Pope: Other denominations not true churches

Now, I'm not Catholic, so I don't know much about Vatician I or Vatician II other than that Vatician II brought good reform (so I hear from Catholics) to the church. But, it's interesting...this new pope is beginning to make changes and it makes me wonder how it will affect Catholism and Protestantism. In other words, Pope Benedict is seriously confused if he truly thinks that Catholism is the only means of salvation. I mean, has he read the Gospels?

And what about this statement,
"“Christ ‘established here on earth’ only one church,” the document said. The other communities “cannot be called ‘churches’ in the proper sense” because they do not have apostolic succession — the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ’s original apostles."

Is he serious? I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I apologize if I come across so, however, the pope is seriously in trouble with his interpretation of the Bible. The only TRUE church is the body of Jesus Christ, those who are TRUE followers by faith through grace--and nothing else.


Here's another article: Pope OKs Latin mass, sparks Jewish concern

No comments: